The Winter 2015 Western Cave Conservancy Meeting will be held in Palo Alto, in the heart of Silicon Valley area of California. We chose this location to better serve our loyal supporters in northern and central California and adjacent areas. This meeting is open to everyone and we hope to have a good turnout this year.
Saturday, January 24, 2015
1:00-5:00 PM (attendees can start arriving as early as 12:30)
Peninsula Open Space Trust
222 High Street (just north of the intersection of High and Everett Streets)
Palo Alto, CA 94301
(Please use Pat Helton’s cell number if lost: (510) 301-2003)
We will have a telephone link for those not able to attend in person. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to attend by phone.
- Drive US-101 (Bayshore Freeway) north to University Ave. in Palo Alto, exit west, and continue west to Middlefield Road;
- Cross Middlefield Road and continue on University Avenue west nine blocks from Middlefield Road through downtown Palo Alto to Emerson Street (High Street is the next street, but is a one-way street in the opposite direction you will want to go)
- Hard right (north) onto Emerson Street for two blocks
- Hard left (west) onto Everett Street for a block
- Hard right (north) on High Street – POST will be on your left in a single story, glass-fronted building with solar panels on its roof.
For those in the San Francisco Bay Area, you may take Caltrain from San Francisco or San Jose and points in between to Palo Alto and avoid driving. Exit Caltrain at the Palo Alto station. Walk a block east across Alma Street and then about two blocks north on Alma past the fire station. Walk a block east on Everett Street to High Street and then turn hard left (north) and look for POST on your left.
There is limited space in their small parking lot, but plenty of parking should be available on the street.
There will be a selection of light refreshments to keep you alert through the meeting.
Please feel free to re-post this announcement on your local grotto list!
Thank you and we hope to see many of you on January 24th!