Fall greetings to all you WCC cavers and conservationists!
The Fall 2013 Western Cave Conservancy Meeting will be held in Sacramento in the Great Valley of California. We chose this location to better serve our loyal supporters in central California and adjacent areas. This meeting is open to everyone and we hope to have a good turnout this year.
Saturday, October 26, 2013
1:00-5:00 PM (attendees can start arriving as early as 12:30)
Ric Gate's home
4439 Mieko Way
Sacramento, CA 95841
We are setting up a telephone link for those not able to attend in person. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend by phone.
EAST from the San Francisco Bay Area:
- Drive east from the San Francisco Bay area on I-80 through most of Sacramento.
- Northeast of downtown Sacramento, exit east on Madison Ave. (exit 96)
- In about a quarter mile, take the first right turn south onto Date Ave.
- Continue south on Date Ave. for several hundred feet and turn right again west onto Tyler Street. Tyler Street will make a right angle turn to the south.
- Pass Coffee Lane and turn right at the second street past the right angle turn onto Mieko Way.
- Ric's house - 4439 - is just short of the end of the Way.
NORTH from the San Joaquin Valley:
- Drive north on I-5 to just past downtown Sacramento and turn east on I-80.
- Drive north on US-99 past Elk Grove to 30th Street and continue through eastern Sacramento.
- Pass over US-50 and the American River onto Capital City Freeway.
- Continue northeast on Capital City Freeway. This road will intersect I-80 just past Watt Ave.
- Follow I-80 east to Madison Ave. and then via Date Ave. and State Street to Meiko Way.
SOUTH from the northern reach of the Great Valley:
- Take I-5 south to Woodland.
- Continue on I-5 through Woodland, Conaway, and Westlake to the northwest margin of Sacramento.
- Just past San Juan Road, turn east on I-80 and continue along the northern part of greater Sacramento.
- Follow the above directions via Madison Ave., Date Ave., and State St. to Mieko Way.
West from the Reno Area:
- Follow I-80 west over Donner Summit to greater northeastern Sacramento.
- Excit at Madison Ave. (exit 96) and cross over the freeway to the east.
- Follow the above directions to Ric's home via Madison Av., Date Ave., and State St. to Mieko way.
Parking is available on the cul-de-sac street.
There will be a selection of light refreshments to keep you alert through the meeting. Please feel free to re-post this announcement on your local grotto list!