The Spring 2015 meeting of the Board of Directors of the Western Cave Conservancy will be at 1 PM on Sunday, May 17, 2015 at at the Western Cave Conservancy Weller Preserve, Sutter Creek, California
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO WELLER NATURAL PRESERVE
Approximately 2.5 hours from the San Francisco Bay Area)
- From US-99 north of Stockton, exit east on CA-88 (Waterloo Rd).
- Head east on CA-88 for about 5 miles; CA-12 will join in from the north in about 12.5 miles.
- Just about a mile east of Clements, CA-88 breaks off left from CA-12. Make this left turn (north) and follow CA-88.
- Follow CA-88 for about 20 miles to CA-104; a short bypass around the small community of Martell.
- Follow CA-104 to CA-49 in “north” Martell. There is a Starbucks coffee shop and other shops in this small plaza at the traffic light.
- Turn left and head north on CA-49 a very short distance to a right turn-off down the steep hill into Sutter Creek Canyon to the town of Sutter Creek. Once in town the initial several hundred feet of roadway are split with a center median.
- As you enter the uphill, split part of Main Street in Sutter Creek, turn right after about 200 feet onto Church Street. Thus will quickly turn into Sutter Creek-Volcano Road.
NOTE: There is a public parking lot along Sutter Creek itself between the corner church and the fire department building with a public bathroom available; this lot can be entered via a narrow alleyway east of the intersection with Badger Street to the west–please fee free to utilize this facility as the restroom facilities at the Preserve are very limited.