Greetings cavers and conservationists!
The Summer 2014 Western Cave Conservancy Meeting will be held in Fremont in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. We chose this location to better serve our loyal supporters in northern and central California and adjacent areas. This meeting is open to everyone and we hope to have a good turnout this year.
DATE: Sunday, August 17, 2014
TIME: 1:00-5:00 PM (attendees can start arriving as early as 12:30)
LOCATION: Pat Helton & Bruce Rogers’ home
37899 Los Arboles Drive, Fremont, CA 94536
We will have wi-fi available and will have a telephone link for those not able to attend in person. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to attend by phone.
SOUTH FROM OAKLAND
- Drive south from the Oakland area on I-880.
- In the City of Fremont take the Thornton Ave. exit east over the freeway.
- Take the first right (south) turn; this will be Blacow Ave.
- Continue south over the railroad tracks to Central Ave. - about a half-mile.
- Turn left onto Central Ave (there is a Valero gas station and Blacow Auto Repair at the intersection) and proceed east for about two blocks.
- Turn right onto Los Arboles Drive and follow the RIGHT HAND curb (past two courts/short streets leading off to the left) to its end. Your goal is a Spanish style, pale yellow home with a bright magenta bougainvillea in front.
NORTH FROM SAN JOSE
- Take I-880 North to Fremont.
- Follow the above directions.
FROM THE GREAT VALLEY
- Take I-880 west through Berkeley and Oakland.
- Follow the above directions from Oakland south to Fremont.
PARKING: Parking is available on the cul-de-sac street.
REFRESHMENTS: There will be a selection of light refreshments to keep you alert through the meeting.
Please feel free to re-post this announcement on your local grotto list!
Thank you and we hope to see many of you on the 17th!
President, Western Cave Conservancy